Apple right now pushed out new variations of iOS, watchOS, and tvOS to coincide with the launch of macOS Monterey.
iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 most notably add SharePlay, a flagship function supposed for iOS 15 that did not make the annual launch’s launch final month.
SharePlay is the identify of Apple’s suite of options permitting the consumption of content material with different callers in a FaceTime name, like watching synchronized streams of Apple TV+ reveals and Apple Health+ exercises. There’s additionally an API to permit third-party functions to supply the identical options.
The replace moreover brings ProRes video-capture assist to the iPhone 13 Professional and iPhone 13 Professional Max—one other function that missed the preliminary launch window.
Different additions embody the power to retailer proof of COVID-19 vaccination within the Pockets app, a toggle for computerized digicam switching when taking macro images, and several other bug fixes.
Listed here are the complete launch notes for iOS 15.1:
iOS 15.1 provides SharePlay, a completely new method to have shared experiences with household and associates in FaceTime. This launch additionally provides the power to seize ProRes video utilizing iPhone 13 Professional and iPhone 13 Professional Max, in addition to verifiable COVID-19 vaccination playing cards in Apple Pockets, and contains different options and bug fixes on your iPhone.
– SharePlay is a brand new method to share synchronized experiences in FaceTime with content material from the Apple TV app, Apple Music, Health+, and different supported App Retailer apps
– Shared controls give everybody the power to pause, play, rewind, or quick ahead
– Sensible quantity robotically lowers the audio of a film, TV present, or track when your pals converse
– Apple TV helps the choice to look at the shared video in your large display screen whilst you proceed the FaceTime name on iPhone
– Display screen sharing lets everybody on a FaceTime name have a look at images, browse the net, or assist one another out
– ProRes video seize utilizing iPhone 13 Professional and iPhone 13 Professional Max
– Setting to show off computerized digicam switching when taking macro images and movies on iPhone 13 Professional and iPhone 13 Professional Max
– COVID-19 vaccination card assist lets you add and current verifiable vaccination data from Apple Pockets
– Mandarin Chinese language (Taiwan) assist within the Translate app and for system-wide translation
– New automation triggers based mostly on the present studying of a HomeKit-enabled humidity, air high quality, or gentle degree sensor
– New pre-built actions allow you to overlay textual content on photos or gifs, plus a brand new assortment of video games helps you to go the time with Siri
This launch additionally fixes the next points:
– Images app could incorrectly report storage is full when importing images and movies
– Climate app could not present present temperature for My Location and will show colours of animated backgrounds incorrectly
– Audio taking part in from an app could pause when locking the display screen
– Pockets could unexpectedly stop when utilizing VoiceOver with a number of passes
– Out there Wi-Fi networks will not be detected
– Battery algorithms up to date on iPhone 12 fashions to higher estimate battery capability over time
On the iPad, the replace provides the above listed options and assist for Reside Textual content within the Digicam app. With Reside Textual content, the Digicam can detect textual content, cellphone numbers, addresses, and extra, with the function out there on iPads which have an A12 Bionic chip or later. Reside Textual content was already out there on the iPhone.
For data on the safety content material of Apple software program updates, please go to this web site: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Apple additionally launched watchOS 8.1, which largely fixes bugs however which additionally provides the identical COVID-19 proof-of-vaccination function we simply noticed in iOS. It additionally contains assist for SharePlay on Health+ content material.
Likewise, tvOS 15.1 is a minor replace that fixes bugs and implements SharePlay assist in tandem with iOS.
All three updates needs to be out there globally to most customers on supported units right now.